Business Analyst – Print Industry experience preferred *
10/4/2013 3:37:02 PM
Apply knowledge of business and technology to allow for the development of integrated solutions to resolve technical and business issues inside the printing platform. Serve as a liaison between internal printing and warehouse facilities and external customers and functional IT departments during the initial phases of new/existing development/customization efforts to meet various business initiatives. Apply structured methodology in the creation of requirements from the business perspective, translated in to easily understood formats that are acted upon by the various technical design and development teams in IT and/or operations. May define specifications and data models for development efforts and testing. May create detailed test cases and analyze results. May assess available technologies and recommend solutions to technical teams.
* Apply good knowledge of systems to analyze and make recommendations to develop integrated solutions to resolve business issues with production and distribution of printed materials. Facilitate meetings with customers to understand business needs and identify the best solution.
* Using multiple information gathering techniques, assist in conducting facilitated sessions with customers to define detailed business requirements for solution development. Establish and maintain clear scope boundaries for the solution. Assist in the development of clear and concise functional requirements for the technical developers that are free from ambiguity to minimize re-work and errors.
* Develop precise documentation of prioritized functional requirements that can directly be converted to test plans, use cases, and system conceptual designs to meet performance targets.
* Collaborate with internal partners, sales organization and leadership to ensure alignment and coordination of end to end solutions, including successful implementation and support of service model.
* Participate in quality management reviews as outlined in the project work plan, and in reviews of the designs, prototypes and other project work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements.
* Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
* Operate within a pre-established budget. Control costs by managing and containing expenses.
* Assist with Commercial Print jobs and processes.
Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with up to 3 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
Able to apply very good functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC or other technical tools to complete work assignments. May require knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn specialized software related to the position.
Expert skills in MS Access and Excel required.
Able to translate previous work experience in to very good problem-solving skills and appropriately apply proven solutions. Consistently deliver prescribed outcomes in a timely and accurate manner with appropriate guidance. Apply existing processes and procedures to solve problems and may receive guidance for problems that are non-routine.
Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to understand general business concepts and apply them when communicating with diverse groups of people when completing work assignments.
Employee Referral Bonus eligible: No
View all Jobs
View all Locations