Quality Assurance & Safety Specialist
10/15/2013 5:24:46 AM
Ensures conformance to internal and external quality standards and assists the customer, sales representatives, suppliers and division personnel with establishing achievable quality standards. Communicates customer expectations to staff, manufacturing personnel and suppliers.
Work is typically performed under no supervision, with only guidance about overall goals and objectives. Usually receive minimal to no guidance about how to complete work objectives. Must be able to define work based on evaluation of short term and long term goals of the department. Able to independently evaluate processes, identify areas of improvement, and incorporate in to overall work objectives.
* Assists in establishing, promoting and coordinating lines of communication between the customer, sales representatives, suppliers and division personnel.
* Interacts with customers, suppliers, vendors and division personnel regarding quality and production issues. Attends job production pre-planning meetings.
* Evaluates the input material on a job and guides the customers, helping them deliver material that will produce a high quality job.
* Performs press color approvals for both internal and external jobs.
* Assists in the development of procedures and techniques for reducing process variation and manufacturing delays.
* Assists manufacturing personnel in establishing standards of quality to be used and certifying that established company and industry standards have been met. Evaluates process output and supplied materials for compliance with established standards.
* Communicates with sales, customer service and the customer to resolve quality issues.
* Negotiate resolution of customer or manufacturing complaints.
* Assist in creating and maintaining the statistical process control program.
* May be responsible for ISO programs within the division. Duties include reviewing documents, preparing for audits, conducting audits, following up on implementation issues and training as it relates to ISO.
* Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
2) Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions. Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions. Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems. Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
3) Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments. Able to mentor junior level team members in the use of tools and/or systems in the position.
4) Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
5) Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
6) Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted.
7) Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer.
8) Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
9) Strong knowledge of printing and color theory
Employee Referral Bonus eligible: No
View all Jobs
View all Locations