Workflow Integration Specialist *
10/29/2013 5:17:55 AM
Responsible for technology infrastructure, which supports the digital production of titles for customers. This is accomplished through the integration of software, hardware, customer education and workflow development. This includes performing programming, script writing, and troubleshooting for projects. Work with both the internal production team and end users to design and implement technology infrastructure.
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks.
* Delivers technology infrastructure and workflow solutions that optimize operational activities by testing, troubleshooting, and making suggested improvements to applications software and systems environments.
* Ensures proposed changes to systems environments have been properly analyzed and adequately coordinated as to not adversely affect the company's ability to meet customer service requirements.
* Performs varied work that is substantially varied and complex. Works on diverse scope, which requires in-depth analysis.
* Implements platform standards, which are required for workflow changes and application integration, to ensure consistent product delivery.
* Suggests and implements workflow improvements to optimize production and increase profitability.
* Interacts with both internal and external customers with all elements related to a full digital workflow.
* Creates effective technical documentation to facilitate implementation of services.
* Works with manufacturing operations to ensure customer commitments are met.
* Provides level one technical support for both customer and the RRD on-site team for all installed applications, including MediaCompass toolset and other customer-focused solutions.
* Provides color calibration support for on site proofing systems and scripting support to automate simple tasks.
* Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
More precisely, it is Linux, and we're employing what is called Cent OS running on the Linux boxes. But yes, ability to use a command line interface on a Linux box would be very helpful in this position, as a familiarity with Java and Perl (programming languages).
1) Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
2) Able to demonstrates ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job. Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately. Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
3) Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments.
4) Able to demonstrate continued expertise in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work assignments.
5) Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
6) Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
Ability to use a command line interface on a Linux box preferred.
Familiarity with Java and Perl are a plus.
Proven expert knowledge of standard graphic arts software packages, familiarity with Unix (Linux) and MediaBank preferred.
Experience with server based network environments and Internet based telecommunications.
Employee Referral Bonus eligible: No
View all Jobs
View all Locations