Material Handler 2 - Press Generalist
1/15/2014 6:40:28 AM
This pressroom occupation is designed to develop and train employees to progressively increase their knowledge and understanding of tasks performed by Pressroom Material Handler, Press Assistant 3 and Press Operator 1. Selected individuals will assist press teams in the successful completion of production requirements in a safe manner. Various mechanical functions and skills and preventative maintenance and general housekeeping responsibilities are required, as well as other tasks as assigned. The MH2 will be expected to complete training programs as outlined by the department, including classroom, online, textbook and on-the-job assignments. Satisfactory performance in the job will help to position candidates for future apprentice training opportunities (Press Operator 1 and 3).
* Ability to work well with others in a team environment, and adapt effectively and efficiently to changing production requirements.
* Ability to work safely and effectively without close supervision.
* Ability to read, comprehend and interpret, and act appropriately from detailed written communications in various forms.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Sound basic math skills, especially the ability to work with fractions.
* Capable of keeping accurate work records.
* Mechanical skills/experience preferred.
* Basic computer proficiency (keyboarding, etc.).
* Leadership ability and potential.
* Ability to work rotating shifts (including weekends) and overtime with the understanding that overtime may be scheduled with little advance notice.
* Prior heavy manufacturing experience preferred.
* Previous printing experience also preferred.
* A record of satisfactory attendance in previous work experience is required.
* Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Employee Referral Bonus eligible: No
View all Jobs
View all Locations