3/14/2014 6:24:30 AM
* Understand the correct sorting of mail.
* Correctly match shift bag tags/pallet flags with mail labels. Sequence mail to the run order to maintain schedules.
* Segregate pre-printed palletized mail flags for mail being run.
* Effectively lead work area in following the bindery run order, shipping instructions, AIT’s, and other pertinent information to meet established production schedules.
* Understand and read bindery break-ups and run orders, and make necessary adjustments of label-takes with the mailer to ensure proper sequence.
* Accurately complete J-stock requisitions and other reporting documents as necessary.
* Manually repair damaged labels, affix these to books and ensure books are sent on proper truck and pallet.
* Capably operate, trouble-shoot, and fix strappers, stackers, shrink wrapper, mailers, Little David Tape Machines, and other auxiliary work area equipment.
* Set the example and enforce (holding everyone accountable) the maintenance of a safe, clean, and orderly working environment.
* Maintain glue supply in pots, ink supply in printers, plastic strap supply in strappers, so as to be caught up with production output at all times.
* Relieve crewmembers, as appropriate, including Material Handlers and Line Operators.
* Safely and efficiently handle bindery waste, some of which is classified by the EPA as hazardous.
* Assist in the development of employees assigned to work area.
* Must be capable of adapting to a constantly changing work situation and assuming personal responsibility for own actions.
* Must be willing to abide by department and division practices and standards (including shift rotation).
* Must be able to stand up to 11.5 hours with periodic breaks.
* Must be able to repetitively lift 30 pounds and occasionally 75 pounds.
* Must be capable of working effectively as a member of a team.
* Must currently have Proficient or better job performance and be in good standing.
* Must have acceptable attendance of 4.5 occurrences or less during the entire selection process.
* Must be able and willing to work the average overtime hours for the position.
* Must be capable of performing the Key Responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
Prior mechanical experience. Prior leadership experience. Demonstrated ability to work safely. Prior bindery experience.
Employee Referral Bonus eligible: No
View all Jobs
View all Locations