Director of Business Development
9/11/2013 5:19:52 AM
RR Donnelley’s Response Marketing Services is seeking a Director of Business Development for their Warrenville, IL location. RR Donnelley provides the ideal opportunity to realize impressive earnings quickly while on the job training aids our sales team with the in-depth product knowledge and professional selling skills required to succeed. In this position, you will collaborate with an internal team on program development while establishing market place relationships. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing launch action plans while also planning for account penetration into both our prospect accounts and our existing account base.
At RR Donnelley, the Director of Business Development is open ended and exposes you to several career paths that enthusiastic high achievers can take to move into leadership positions within our company. The role will report to our Regional Vice President of Sales.
* Sell RR Donnelley product offering and services by developing and interacting with new and existing customers.
* Business development plans for a new RR Donnelley program.
* All sales are Business to Business outside sales.
* Introduce client to new products that match business needs.
* Develop a business plan for accounts to meet or exceed sales, marketing and customer satisfaction objectives.
* Interface with key customer executives in a professional, mutually beneficial partnership.
* Meets sales and expense budget goals.
* Interact with manufacturing divisions and corporate staff to develop proposals, pricing and credit terms, with the goal of negotiating terms and contracts with prospects and customers.
* Understand the markets in which RR Donnelley and its customers compete and the forces that affect a customer’s profitability.
* Assess competitor’s strategy and neutralize with a competitive counter strategy.
* Conducts strategic sales/manufacturing needs analysis individually or with a team.
* Communicate the impact of today’s actions on future opportunities.
* Develop business plans to maximize profitability.
* Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Required Experience & Skills:
* A Bachelor’s Degree or relevant print industry experience.
* A minimum of three years outside B2B sales experience, preferably in print and/or direct marketing.
* Co-op and Shared Mail Experience is required.
* New Business Development.
* Self driven with an entrepreneurial edge, and have experience working on both small and large accounts.
* Able to converse fluently at all contact levels within an organization (from Junior to C-level).
* Possess strong persuasive and interpersonal skills and the ability to close sales.
* Excellent presentation, organization, verbal and written communication.
* Must subscribe to high work and business ethiccs, and be extremely self motivated.
* Ability to apply market knowledge relative to competition, market share, opportunities, etc.
* Demonstrated experience in analyzing trends, pricing and competitive programs.
* Valid Driver’s License and the ability to travel in local territory.
* PC proficiency.
Employee Referral Bonus eligible: No
View all Jobs
View all Locations