Vice President of Sales
10/4/2013 3:51:43 PM
The Vice President of Sales will lead the Retail In-Store Marketing (ISM) sales opportunities and drive their growth. Responsible for Retail ISM sales successes to both RR Donnelley existing accounts and new prospects. The successful candidate will bring an existing, established base of Retail senior level customer contacts and relationships, with a focus on in-store marketing responsibilities. Responsible for a team of Retail ISM Sales Professionals.
* Develop Retail ISM sales plan working with Retail ISM Sales Reps and ISM Operations Team. Own execution of the sales plan to the Retail, and possibly CPG, space. Bring an understanding of the client needs and align associated benefits to the Retail ISM strategy. Work with prospects/customers to close the sale. Develop and present proposals.
* Build a pipeline of opportunities and prioritize accordingly working with Retail ISM team. Uncover new solution opportunities. Maintain knowledge and understanding of the client’s business to recognize opportunities for growth. Capture client’s or prospect’s feedback and needs. Internally communicate pipeline, status and key issues on a regular basis.
* Ensure engagement with customer and prospect key decision makers. Gain access to key decision makers at appropriate levels. Network to expand relationships within the client’s organization. Ensure alignment of RR Donnelley benefit statements to those decision makers. Thoroughly understand the client organization and structure to create dialogue with owners at the appropriate level. Ensure appropriate touch points within client are maximized. Communicate and interact with a variety of internal and external customers.
* Ensure alignment of overall pricing strategy with market and customer expectations.
* Ability to successfully build, manage and lead a team of sales professionals
* Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in the large format litho/screen/digital print business
* Track record of successfully driving wins of Litho, Screen and Digital wide and grand format in-store signage printing and/or POP displays into Retail and CPG accounts
* Thorough understanding of the design, production, kitting/packing, and distribution of a wide variety of POP/POS materials, including in-store signage and POP displays
* Understanding of the POP signage and display competitive landscape
* Experienced in systems and tools Retailers use in managing their ISM workflows, including customer-internal and 3rd party technology tools
* Understands Retail In-Store Marketing processes and challenges
* Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers
* Good analytical thinking and ability to solve problems
* Prospecting and business development experience
* Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role.
* Travel required
Employee Referral Bonus eligible: No
View all Jobs
View all Locations